Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

I got back home;)

Everything that happened to me yesterday.

I am so not a morning person!! But I got up at 5.30 and my parents and I went to the airport an hour later, where mum and I got our tickets.
We met another woman named Hanne-Marie who is undergoing the same treatment as me, so we will be there at the same time. She is some years older that me and she brought her mum too;)

The plane ride was fun!!! We flew with British Airways in a small plane with only 32 seats at 7.50 am.
I got a bit nervous at takeoff, but otherwise I enjoyed it. We got served breakfast and after 50 minutes we were in the airport in Norway.

The four of us found the taxi waiting for us, and got to the patient hotel. We talked to the staff and told them that we would be arriving in June and they let us sit and relax in the lobby.

At 11 am we took a bus to the hospital, where we bought some lunch and talked some more. Then a nurse came and sent Hanne-Marie to the doctor and took me for x-rays and blood tests. When that was finished my mum and I went to talk to a doctor. He was and older man, very nice and eager to explain everything.
He shoved us 3D-pictures of how the radiation therapy works on me and asked a lot of questions about my operations and the chemo.
Then he examined me and send me to a scanning.

The nurse there put me in the scanner, and told me not to move and inch!!! They took a lot of pictures and then she drew on my breasts and stomach with a marker and told me that the drawings had to stay until my appointment next Thursday!!!
(I am allowed to shower though^^)

Then we took the bus back to the hotel and found a taxi waiting to take us back to the airport.
It took an hour and I got a nap on the ride.
We waited at the airport for tree hours and got us some coffee and looked at all the shops.

We took of at 6.50 pm and I got the window seat this time!!
Then we got served sodas, sandwich and coffee and then we were back in Aalborg. My dad picked us up. We said goodbye to Hanne-Marie and her mum and went home.
I was sooooooooo tired and went to bed early and slept for nine hours;)

There was a lot of waiting, but all in all we had a very good day, and everybody were kind, nice and very very helpful.

So I am a lot more relaxed for the appointment next Thursday and I just know that we will have a good time once my treatment starts and we will be staying in Norway.


( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
May. 29th, 2008 04:27 pm (UTC)
That's good news hon! I'm so pleased you enjoyed the flight and that everyone was nice and helpful. At least now it will ease some of the worry for you.

So maybe you can relax a little and enjoy your stay in Oslo with your Mum now.

*big hugs* ♥
May. 29th, 2008 04:58 pm (UTC)
Thanks honey,
Yeah we are all much more relaxed now;)
And I´m sure we will enjoy tthe stay.
♥hugs back♥
(Deleted comment)
May. 29th, 2008 05:00 pm (UTC)
Thanks hon,
It was good!!
May. 29th, 2008 07:05 pm (UTC)
I'm so happy to know that everything went well. Now you know what will wait for you and that you'll have a nice person who'll be there at the same time!
It seems that Hanne-Marie is a nice person!^^
May. 29th, 2008 08:22 pm (UTC)
Thanks sweetie,
I am pleased myself that it went well, and it is nice to know that there will be another undergoing the same treatment as me.
She seems very nice.
♥hugs back♥
May. 29th, 2008 09:42 pm (UTC)
I am so glad to hear everything went well for you!!
May. 30th, 2008 08:48 am (UTC)
Thanks hon, me too;)
May. 30th, 2008 02:23 pm (UTC)
Glad it went okay. :)
May. 30th, 2008 02:45 pm (UTC)
Thanks sweets,
me too;)
( 9 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

October 2017
Powered by LiveJournal.com